[Ambassadors] Active/Inactive Ambassadors

Matthias Kranz matthiaskranz at gmx.de
Tue Apr 3 09:37:12 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-04-01 at 21:11 +0200, Francesco Ugolini wrote:
> I know that it isn't an happy discussion but it's necessary to solve
> this BIG problem: Many ambassadors are inactive both in real world and
> virtually (M-L, weekly meetings etc...).

For whom is it a BIG problem?

> I think we have to find a solution and my proposal is this one:
>
> - After a year of inactivity an Ambassador will be marked Inactive (in
> both personal and global ambassadors pages).
>
> - If he will do anything for six month after he will be marked inactive
> he/she will be deleted from AccountSystem and Ambassadors Mailing List.
>
> At the moment of the subscription an advice will alert new member of
> this condition.
>
> The Ambassador that server for two years (or  virtually and really (both
> are required) the Project will be nominated to be Honored Ambassadors.
> Naturally only the members chose by FAmSCo will receive this status.

Is this a proposal of you? Or is it a proposal of FAmSCo? Only four or
six weeks ago you came out with a nearly similar proposal, I think
Emeritus Ambassador or something like that?

What is your exact motivation behind all this? What do you want to
achieve?

Cheers,
Matthias
--