[Ambassadors] Active/Inactive Ambassadors

Francesco Ugolini francesco.ugolini at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 3 12:42:48 UTC 2007

First of all Emeritus Ambassador is a completely different proposal, we
are talking about Active/Inactive Ambassadors.

But going over ...

You say that people do nothing is not a problem, but let me say the
reason why this is our BIG problem.

First of all we are a community that have a goal: promote Fedora and
Open Source Philosophy. A person who join this project have the role to
do this. If he doesn't work what is doing here?

We aren't paid, we don't force people to join, so why we have to allow
people have their name in Ambassador List?

In you company is better that people work or the stay on the chair
thinking the sun? I think that if someone does this he would be fired
instantly.

We haven't this motto: "We are an Open Source community, who doesn't do
anything is Welcome" we ask people to work. Another point, why we ask a
probation period, not to annoying people for a month but to see is
someone is truly convinced to stay here.

We aren't a toy that who want can use and then trow. We are serious
people that are here to work, work, work.

Regards

Francesco Ugolini

--
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FrancescoUgolini