Extension? (was Re: Withdrawal of Fedora Theme contest)

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 08:17:47 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-05 at 09:49 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Máirín Duffy wrote:
> >
> > My excuse is vacation and then being super busy having to catch up after
> > vacation :( I think maybe we haven't publicized / simply talked about
> > the rounds enough this time. The back and forth conversation does help
> > to remind and motivate folks I think. I do feel partially responsible
> > and I've been quite glad you've picked up the slack with mailing list
> > deadline reminders and blog posts.
>
> And I was busy with some personal projects involving clipart and
> tutorials, but the thing is the process should not be blocked by a
> temporary lack of availability from you, me or some other person.
> Some of the people with proposals in Round 1 have blogs and their blogs
> are aggregated to planet Fedora, nobody posted updates there and on the
> list, AFAIK, only Mola and that was one single time. Like they abandoned
> the work after Round 1.

I have been busy a lot with exams (you know, it's exam term just now)
and will be until the end of Round 2 (even with the week extension), so
I didn't have time to do more than add some comments. I am happy that Mo
picked up the train here, her work on the wave theme for Round 2 is
great. I hope I'll have enough time to participate again in Round 3.

> > Some good news, I think Waves is almost ready to meet the round 2
> > requirements. There was an earlier idea of linking sulphur to the waves
> > to match the f9 codename so I have been working on some mockups of this.
> > It just needs an accompanying wallpaper:
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F9Themes/Waves#head-98516747c8faef74057e3963e09f522ba7a3ca7b
>
> YES!!!
> Almost like how I was thinking about it (but without my tendency to go
> overboard)
>
> > They do need some further refinement of course but I think they are
> > developed enough to get a feel for what it would look like. One worry I
> > have is maybe it is just too dark? But maybe a lighter wallpaper to go
> > along with it would make the darkness a little easier to take? Maybe it
> > should use dark blue instead of grey? I'm not sure. Any ideas?
>
> We can alternate: F8 was light, F9 will be darker...
> Maybe make the grey to have a hue of blue, a blue-grey.

+1 for that. I think it is a good idea.