Round 1

Laith Juwaidah ljuwaida at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jan 10 11:00:39 UTC 2008

On Jan 10, 2008 1:53 PM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro> wrote:

> Gerold wrote:
> >
> > I'm not really sure to be here on the "correct" list but I like to tell
> > you something personal :-)
>
> You give feed-back about one of the proposals, so you are at least
> partly on-topic.
>
> > I took a look at the below listed "round1" URLs and I personally tiked
> the
> > 9TO9 most ...
> > and I have also a (in my eyes) fantastic idea but also not sure than
> > somebody can realize my thoughts.
> >
> > When you'll install a new system, you'll get a unique (smolt-system)
> > id-number; maybe it is possible that that id-nummer is the "code" shown
> at
> > your dsktop?!
> >
> > So everybody has his "own unique" Desktop wallpaper/theme and also maybe
> > with the changing color as in F8???
>
> Wow! That would be indeed cool, to have your own code somewhere (it may
> be even a bar code).
> And I think I got an idea about the implementation: we can have a SVG as
> background. Is easy to modify that SVG file, is XML, but you can do a
> test search and replace (with sed).So I believe it can be done (but I
> suspect the current Nautilus won't notice the SVG update on the fly).

I like this idea too...

About the implementation, we won't need to change the code every period of
time, it'll be set only once when the system is first installed... Probably
changed in the four pictures (assuming the color will change too), then
exported to png and those pngs will be used just like they used to in F8.

> > Just my thoughts and ideas and also not really sure to post correct
> here.
> > Feel free to post it in the correct ML
>
> --
> nicu :: http://nicubunu.ro :: http://nicubunu.blogspot.com