mock buildroot definitions

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Tue Mar 28 16:51:40 UTC 2006

Chris Weyl wrote:
> I like the idea, if it makes things more stable for a plague
> implementation.  How would it be handled tho?  Different rpms for the
> different groups?  (e.g., buildsys-base, buildsys-minimal, etc, etc)
> Or one big rpm?

If we pursue this I recommend we use a more isolated naming scheme.
Someone might conceivably want to build a real package named
buildsys-base. Perhaps mock-abstract-group-{base,minimal,...}

I would like to have the original behavior available via configuration.
Surely yum will continue to have a groupinstall command.