pungi & nrofdiscs?

Jeroen Janssen jeroen.janssen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 08:00:15 UTC 2007

Hi,

I just was wondering about the discs option in pungi.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just specify the size of disc(s)?

I mean, specifying the nr of discs implies that you know beforehand
the total discsize needed. What if I specify discs=5 and somehow the
needed discspace exceeds 5 discs?

If we just could specify the size of the discs, that means you
automaticly end up with the amount of CDs needed for everything you
want.

Anyway, this way if you want to generate a DVD you just specify
discsize to be of a DVD, or if you want multiple DVDs (think about
CORE + EXTRAS) that's also solved aswell then.

The only 'downside' is that you probably need multiple runs of pungi
if you want to generate both DVD and CDs.

Any other thoughts on this?

Best regards,

Jeroen Janssen