problems of running koji on CentOS with EPEL packages

Greg Swift gregswift at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 04:46:38 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 19:28, 陈鲍孜 <chenbaozi at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is happening because kojid is authenticating as a user that is not
>> associated with a build host (or perhaps not authenticating at all). You
>> can't run kojid as a regular user (or anonymously). The hub is trying to
>> determine which host is calling the function and is not finding one. Certain
>> calls can only be executed by build hosts.
>>
>> When you created the host entry (koji add-host ...), an associated user
>> was created with the same name. This is the user that kojid should
>> authenticate as.
>>
>> And just to clarify, the users I'm talking about are the ones internal to
>> koji, not the system users.
>

> Thanks. However, how can I associate the kojid user with a build host? Does
> it mean that I have to configure a DNS to make all this names associate
> together? Or is there something that I need to configure which I may not
> have done?
>
> At the beginning of wiki "
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Koji/ServerHowToProposed", it is mentioned
> that - "
>
>> Builders
>>      By default these will be referred to as *kojibuilderX*, but can also
>> be the hostname(s) of the boxes that will be setup as builders. TODO: can
>> also or should ?
>>
> "
> I think this may be why I can't make it correctly. What I'm confused now is
> what the mentioned "hostname(s)".

Yeah, as you can tell I was even a bit confused by that section (thus the
TODO with the question, I was hoping for some input).  The impression I got
from the original box was that kojibuilder1, kojibuilder2 etc was the naming
they were using on their hosts, so by having the username be the same it
helped you tie the koji user to the build box.  When I implemented this on
my network I used the name of the box as the koji userid.  This does not
cause koji to automatically associate the two, but allows you as the admin
to make the association.   If someone has a better explanation i'm open to
suggestions since my attempt at clarification didn't quite hit the mark.

Anyways, in the Builder Setup section you add the host to koji's database
and then on the builder you specify the host as the user in
/etc/kojid/kojid.conf, these should match.  It was my impression that this
should match the user name that you created in the SSL configuration.  I'm
not sure if you are using SSL, and that might be adding to the confusion if
you are not *shrug*

-greg