Desktop Graphics Approval committee?

jason pratt themadtux at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Dec 3 00:38:45 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 02:13, Marky Goldstein wrote:

> Anyway, this means we need themes (includinging icons and everything
> which make up a theme), we need theme design tools (for the artists and
> design companies, etc.)

I'm a quiet observer, but I do agree. There needs to be tools for
helping in the creation of themes for both gnome and kde. I for one
would love to see GUI based tools to helps with themeing from themeing
the GDM to creating a window decoration and widget designer. Something
like what the windows world has in SkinStudio
(http://www.stardock.com/products/skinstudio/) for windowblinds and
logonstudio (http://www.stardock.com/products/logonstudio/) for creating
logon screen which is equal to the GDM.  These type of tools help in the
creation of such things. Right now I'm weeding thru the xml and learning
it somewhat by trying to create a customized GDM that resembles the
simplistic and elegant grey boot screen.  Once again a graphical tool to
help place the items where I want them etc. Would be out of this world.

This is just a thought. I know you folks have never seen me before but
thought I'd partake in this little conversation.

Thanks..
--
Jason Pratt
Linux User # 334419