Mirrorlist missing mirrors?

Elliot Lee sopwith at redhat.com
Tue Mar 21 22:57:54 UTC 2006

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> It's difficult for me to make such a claim based on yum-2.6.0-1 output
> that I have available. Things may very well be redirected as expected
> but there's not information being provided which I can use to confirm
> that.

I agree that the lack of debug info is sucky. Is this something that can
be fixed with a yum update, or is the fastestmirror plugin distributed
separately?

> On top of that.. the mirrorlist approach fails to failover to a 2nd
> mirror if there is a sync problem..

Hmm, do you know if yum does the mirror selection on a per-file basis or
once for all the downloads for a particular repo during a particular
session?

Out of syncedness should only really be an issue for rawhide... Maybe
Updates as well to some extent, but updates doesn't churn nearly as much
and is more likely to be in sync between mirrors.

Best,
-- Elliot