[Fedora-directory-users] schema extension via ldif at install time

Mike Jackson mj at sci.fi
Mon Jun 20 18:03:08 UTC 2005

Brian K. Jones wrote:
> Actually, I figured it out, and just performed an install that worked.
>
> I put my 99user.ldif in /opt/fedora-ds/bin/slapd/install/schema before running
> setup. Then, when I ran setup, I selected "custom install". Then I just fed
> it my ldif dump from openldap, and there were no errors in the ldif import
> stage of the installation. If I find that things really didn't happen after I
> fire up the console, I'll check back, but all appears well at the moment.

Don't put schema into 99user.ldif, it's not maintainable.

Instead, create a file like 90myOwnSchema.ldif, then you can version
control and upgrade it when needed.

Also, you should read about the silent installation capability of the
setup program. I have done extensive coding to generate silent.inf files
from arbitrary data sources, and have automated the entire installatoin
and replicaton configuration process from start to finish.

--
mike