[Fedora-directory-users] lagest depoyment?

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Tue Nov 15 14:57:55 UTC 2005

> Finally, I can't give you details about my deployments because it
> would reveal sales related numbers of the system which I work with -
> something which I am not allowed to reveal because of business reasons.

Mike's hit the nail on the head as regards why you're not hearing
answers here.

I know about all kinds of huge deployments, but I'm not sure if that
information
is secret so I have to assume that it is.

Because FDS and RHDS are quite new I doubt you will find many
very large production deployments _yet_. There are certainly deployments
on NSDS and SunDS that have millions of entries and 10's of servers.

You can do your own performance evaluation relatively easily to
determine scaling for your application. The LDAP performance tools
originally written for the Netscape 'Directory Server Resource Kit'
are handy for this. The best versions of these right now are in the
Sun DS Resource Kit which you can download for free from their
web site.