[389-users] Is there Linked Attributes configuration and usage documentation available?

Nathan Kinder nkinder at redhat.com
Wed Dec 2 17:20:24 UTC 2009

On 12/02/2009 05:47 AM, Sean Brady wrote:

> OK, I see some helpful errors in the logs here:
>
> linkedattrs-plugin - linked_attrs_parse_config_entry: The linkType
> config setting is required for linked attribute pair "cn=manager
> link,cn=linked attributes,cn=plugins,cn=config".
>
> [02/Dec/2009:06:19:24 -0700] linkedattrs-plugin -
> linked_attrs_parse_config_entry: Invalid config entry [cn=manager
> link,cn=linked attributes,cn=plugins,cn=config] skipped
>
> So... I am assuming that there is a configuration entry that I need
> called "linkType", which isn't listed in the link per se, although
> there is a reference to it in passing.  Can someone help me with the
> expected type of value, ie is this an attribute type, etc?  What do I
> need here?

The feature design page you referenced had the configuration attributes
named incorrectly (the attribute names changed between the design and
implementation of the feature).  I have updated the configuration
section of that page to be correct.  Please look here for details:

http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Linked_Attributes_Design#Configuration

In short, you need to use "linkType" and "managedType" instead of
"linkAttribute" and "managedAttribute" in your config entry that you
have referenced below.

-NGK