How to translate release-note

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 13:49:08 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 08:48 -0400, Jared Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 16:46 +1000, Noriko Mizumoto wrote:
> > I've started the following for release-note translation.
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_work_using_git
> >
> > Now the following commands do not work for me.
> > make test
> > make validate-ja-JP
>
> Mizumoto-san, (I did say that correctly, right?)
>
> Currently I'm only able to get it to build with the (non-Publican)
> Fedora toolchain, by doing:
>
> make -f Makefile.old validate-xml-en_US
>
> That being said, you *should* be able to:
>
> make -f Makefile.old validate-xml-ja
>
> (Of course, that gives me an error I don't understand.)  Hopefully that
> at least gets you started in the right direction until we can get this
> building in Publican.

Do you think it would be worthwhile to rename as follows?

  Makefile     --> Makefile.publican
  Makefile.old --> Makefile

That would make the procedures correspond better with the current TQSG
and maybe be less confusing.  I could add another Makefile rule that
gives a detailed response if there's no "docs-common" found.

--
Paul W. Frields