[Fedora-electronic-lab-list] FEL depolyment using yum

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 16:10:44 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 4:08 AM, Christine Pollex < email_hidden > wrote:
> Could someone please describe the way to install FEL using yum?
> My newbie search has not led to a solution.

Hello Christine,

Due to some technical reasons, which might result some users smashing
their heads on their computer screen, there is no metapackage to "yum
install FEL". Though I long wish too.

FEL includes various tools for various types of design (analog, analog
ASIC, digital ASIC, embedded,..). All these tools are listed on:
http://chitlesh.fedorapeople.org/FEL. Most of the tools proposed by
FEL of each type of design are listed in a separate HTML file. Thus
easier for users to grab those tools with respect to their usage.

Depending on the type of design you wish have, please yum install any
tool you would like.

But if you would like to have the whole FEL deployment via yum
"nevertheless", as root:

# yum install alliance-doc irsim gds2pov magic-doc toped xcircuit qucs
netgen pharosc\* sk2py gtkwave iverilog drawtiming ghdl freehdl
ngspice gnucap gspiceui gwave geda\* gerbv gresistor kicad pcb piklab
ktechlab pikloops sdcc gtkterm picocom minicom arm-gp2x-linux\* avr-\*
avrdude dfu-programmer avarice uisp octave\*

Kind regards,
Chitlesh