[Fedora-i18n-list] Solution for "Can't communicate with IIIM server" error

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at mesco.com
Tue Mar 2 15:10:37 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 21:11, Lawrence Lim wrote:
> To all members,
> If you have encountered the "Can't communicate with IIIM Server" error,
> please give Descender's solution a try, and if the feedback is positive,
> I'll put it up as an FAQ's solution. Also note that after making changes
> in the hosts.allow, restore the htt.conf file back to the original form
> and see if the error persists. I look forward to your feedback.

I got the "Can't communicate..." error message back again.  Actually my
hosts.allow and hosts.deny files were both empty to begin with, so
restoring the htt.conf to its original state just brought me back the
problem once again.  Adding the "htt_server: 127.0.0.1" line to
hosts.allow didn't do it either.

Kohei