Spinning kernel-vanilla packages via standard spec

Roland McGrath roland at redhat.com
Fri Mar 30 20:00:06 UTC 2007

I already got it working and posted the spec and Makefile patch here.
(I've also got my stuff for building from git branches working now.)
Nobody answered about whether they wanted it committed.

I didn't do it in a way intended to produce different variant rpms called
kernel-vanilla-V-R, if that's what you had in mind.  That requires
basically duplicating all the innards of the spec file.  I don't think that
should be attempted without a complete cleanup of the spec file to become
sane.

What I've done is sufficient for making a vanilla build like this one:
http://porkchop.devel.redhat.com/brewroot/scratch/roland/task_700227/

Thanks,
Roland