Needed: An easier way to build a subset of kernel packages

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sat Mar 31 01:26:36 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 21:20 -0400, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> Hrm, not sure why that doesn't pass the option through, but I hadn't
> even thought to look at the Makefile to see how these flags would work
> at that level. Out of curiosity, does the following work?:
>
> $ make RPM_DEFINES="--define 'with_kdump 0'"
>
> I suppose I ought to poke at that some myself... Adding to my todo list.

I used the trick I learned from the end of the existing Makefile...

[root at ps3 devel]# tail -4 Makefile
compile compile-short: DIST_DEFINES += --target $(shell uname -m)

ppc64: DIST_DEFINES += --without kdump
ppc: DIST_DEFINES += --without smp

Now I just have to remember never to commit the Makefile :)

--
dwmw2