help! My re-compiled kernel always got crashed in a machine with scsi/sata disk

Leszek Matok Lam at Lam.pl
Tue Nov 13 06:38:01 UTC 2007

Dnia 2007-11-12, o godz. 15:30:45 "Feng Xian" <feng.xian at gmail.com> napisał(a):

> By default, the clean
> version doesnt enable sata features, so I enabled these features and
> compiled this clean version.
By default, Fedora's kernel works without the need to recompile. And you've
already admitted that. Use Fedora when it works and you can come back and
report problems when it doesn't.

If you plan on patching the kernel, Fedora provides SRPM-s with patches and
known-working configs in there. This is the thing you can seek help on on this
list, not the "vanilla" kernel with your own broken config.

Lam