Legacy going to move...?

John Pybus john.pybus at zoology.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Apr 2 08:59:31 UTC 2004

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Friday 02 April 2004 00:18, Colin Charles wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>Will Fedora Legacy soon (~May) stop supporting RH 7.x by the time we hit
>>mid-May, and only do support for RH8,9 and FC1?
>

> No.  FL will continue to support 7.x, 8, and soon 9 until there is no more
> community interest in these releases.  Only the Fedora Core releases will
> be put on a deprecation schedule.  At any given time, Fedora legacy will
> be supporting 2 Fedora Core releases.

You seem to be suggesting that Fedora legacy will support 7.x while
there is a community to do so, but will drop support for FC1 community
interest or not.  Surely that's not right?

I appreciate a minimum supported time for FCx being defined, but after
that FC1 should be in the same boat as RH9.  If there is a large enough
user community why shouldn't support continue?

John