crazy thought about how to ease QA testing

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Fri Feb 10 17:19:27 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 17:54 +0200, Pekka Savola wrote:
> So, instead of adding more hoops ("please, install a virtual image of
> all the other distros and do verify testing etc. there"), most focus
> should be put on making participation easier.

I am trying to make it easier.  I'm trying to make it so that people
don't have to use their production systems as package fodder for our QA
process.  I'm trying to make it so that those that really care about one
release and do the work for one release can easily do the work for
another release w/out having to support yet another system.  Just run a
program anywhere that is convenient.

I am really opposed to any kind of automated testing that boils down to
'it installed here, guess it is good to go'.  I want human interaction
on the packages, so I'm trying to make that human interaction easier.