1-2-3 out, time for FC2?

James Kosin jkosin at beta.intcomgrp.com
Wed Mar 22 13:31:20 UTC 2006

Nils Breunese (Lemonbit Internet) wrote:

> I'm not telling you to get a 'better distro' or to upgrade. I was just
> asking myself why you don't upgrade. There can be good reasons for
> that. On the other hand I wish people would stop complaining about not
> getting any upgrades anymore (I'm talking about people in general)
> when Fedora clearly states it has a short lifecycle. Fedora is for
> running the latest and greatest and Fedora Legacy is here to help
> people out a little longer after Red Hat stops releasing updates.

My reasons:
(1)   Device driver for my Digi card is not supported by the newer kernels.
(2)   It took me weeks to setup everything originally, and I don't want
to take weeks more if something goes wrong.
(3)   It actually works (FC1 that is)... I haven't had any problems with
DNS, etc on the unit.  Knock on wood.
(4)   I've learned a lot about RPM packages since the move to FL.  That
has to count for something....  If I stayed with the most current, I
would have never learned how to build my own samba packages, httpd
packages, install and maintain my own ClamAV packages.  Actually learn a
painful lesson why they don't update perl very often, etc.  I could go
on and on about this point.

Just my 2-cents,
James Kosin

--