Proxy settings for rpm import

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 16 19:50:50 UTC 2004

Thiers Botelho said:
> Nevertheless, I'd like to work from the start with 'gpgcheck=1' on all my
> yum repo entries, and intended to go after fedora's GPG after the first
> successful run of 'rpm --import'. Any comments on this ?
>
> So what I'd need right now would be some pointers (including the most
> obvious ones please) to some docs I should read or any settings I may have
> overlooked.

Two thoughts:

1) See if RPM's proxy settings work [See Note 1]

2) Download the file using Mozilla, then import the file.

[Note 1] - "man rpm" says:
       rpm allows the following options to be used with http URLs:

       --httpproxy HOST
              The host HOST will be used as a proxy server for all http
              transfers. This option may also be specified by configuring
              the macro %_httpproxy.

       --httpport PORT
              The  TCP PORT number to use for the http connection on the
              proxy http server instead of the default port. This option
              may also be specified by configuring the macro %_httpport.

--
William Hooper