Adding Windows 2000 into a dual-boot after the fact?

Shawn Iverson shawn at nccsc.k12.in.us
Tue Jan 27 21:43:24 UTC 2004

If by chance grub isn't happy with W2K (I know I had trouble with RH9), you
can use the W2K bootloader to book Linux by doing the following:

If your linux boot partition is /dev/hda1:

dd if=/dev/hda1 of=boot.lin bs=512 count=1

Copy the boot.lin onto the root of the W2K partition, using a floppy or some
other means.

Edit your boot.ini and add the following under [boot loader]:

c:\boot.lin="Fedora"

I believe that there is a howto out there on the details of how to do this.