HP PSC1210

david walcroft david_walcroft at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jan 24 04:11:04 UTC 2004

Sarah Fish wrote:
> I had a devil of a time with mine. Finally uninstalled the version of
> HPOJ, SANE front and backends and XSANE that came with Fedora.  Then
> installed updated versions of them.
>
> I still have a problem with the USB port not being released after
> scanning, but discovered that if I powered the unit off and back on,
> port was released and I could print again.
>
> BTW, I had deselected HPOJ and a couple of other things when I installed
> Fedora. They were installed anyway.  Should I have disconnected the
> printer from the USB port before I installed Fedora or is this just a bug?
>
> Sarah Fish
> Saratoga Springs, NY

Yes I have noticed the USB port locked and CUPS waiting to print, if I
can find out how to debug the scanner finishing and not releasing the
port I'll bugzilla to HPOJ maintainers maybe it's already noted - have
to check.
I think HPOJ/HPIJS is part of the Printing package, so you get it wether
or not.

     david.