[FC1] Insufficient rights when trying to shut down

Title: [FC1] Insufficient rights when trying to shut down

Hello there,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I've been searching for this in google and on the archives without much success. I have a FC 1 up to date. Yesterday, I installed a brand new hard drive, and moved to it two partitions: /home and /usr. Nothing further has been done to the system.

Everything is working fine as root, but now, every time me or my husband try to, for example, shut down the computer (when logged as ourselves), Gnome complains that we have insufficent rights. The same happens with any program that used to ask for root password when invoked from Gnome: the pop-up message says "Insufficient rights" and that's all.

Is there anything I can do to solve it? I found one post in a mandrake list that talked about some programs becomibng corrupted, but nothing clear...

Thank you very much for any help you can provide,
Ester

Ester Muñoz
emaparicio sadiel es
Sevilla