Upgrade from RH7.1 to FC3, any comments?

Eucke euckew at sierraelectronics.com
Thu Apr 14 18:10:57 UTC 2005

Rick Lim wrote:

>Has anyone upgraded from RH7.1 to FC3 directly via CDROM?
>Any comments from survivors of this upgrade?
>
>Any recommendations?
>Should I go from RH7.1 -> RH9.X -> FC1 - > FC3?
>
>TIA

Yes, you did not mention what you're doing in 7.1 but broken
dependencies is my first thought.  There are a number of things that are
much different in FC3 vs 7.1.  Also, with your intended use...is your
hardware going to give you a good experience for your intended ongoing use?

Also recommend clean install over in place upgrade....easier to chase
issues that way...and less liklihood of pain if this is replacing a
production machine....

YMMV

--
Eucke