Panic! cant' log on to linux

Shelagh oneida at tpg.com.au
Mon Mar 28 23:55:57 UTC 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:57:14 +1100, Shelagh <oneida at tpg.com.au> wrote:

[snip]
  However I have to be able to get on to Linux
> first
> before I do all that.
>
> I will cogitate and read and see if I can work out how to sort out my
> recompiling kernel blues.
>
> SOM

Just in case someone is still interested, I did read and realised my
problem and put down on my growing list of things to watch out for.
"Do not follow casually listed instructions on FAQ without first making
sure that all instructions are included."

Some steps were left out and a recompile did fix the problem. Sort of. The
kernel I compiled is wasted but the original kernel is happy again.

Shelagh