[Fedora-livecd-list] Installing a custom rpm on a livecd

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Thu Jun 21 14:39:04 UTC 2007

William Cohen wrote:
> Sorry, I should have stated the error I was getting when creating the
> liveCD:
>

> error reading information on service fedora-livey: No such file or
> directory
> error: skipping
> http://people.redhat.com/wcohen/stap_tutorial/stap_tutorial-0.5.13-1.noarch.rpm
> - transfer failed - Unknown or unexpected error
>

> I don't know if the change root can ping people.redhat.com from within
> the chroot of the livecd or whether the wget would work during the
> %post. The resulting livecd does allow network connectivity an as a
> earlier work around I just did the rpm install via URL after I booted
> the livecd to try out the rpm.

You can test using the launch shell option that is in livecd-tools. If
you launch wget with that url you'll get an error that is created under
the same circumstances as from within the chrooted %post script.

> The kickstart file is getting the other rpms of the installation from
> yum repos, so the network connection is certainly working when the other
> RPMs are being installed. As a work arround I did a createrepo and
> verified that I could install the custom rpm as a yum repo. See if this
> works as a yum repo.

It is livecd-creator's yum invocation outside the chroot that gets you
the RPMs from the net, not the chrooted %post invocation urlgrabber
python library.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip