[Fedora-livecd-list] Minimal development environment on Livecd

Tim Wood tim.wood at datawranglers.com
Tue Apr 8 05:01:36 UTC 2008

I realized I never responded to this... I mis-read your original post
and thought you were hoping for help with a kickstart that would help
you create a LiveCD that would be generate minimal development cd.  Of
course, as everyone has pointed out, I did mis-read your email.

regards,
Tim

James Gallagher wrote:
> I'll test it, sure, but why do you claim this is  not
> a complete list of needed packages? I have routinely
> installed this set of packages since F6 (tediously
> from a usb stick transfer), there's a howto on
> fedoradforums.org posted by me for F7. Heck, I would
> be happy if you just bzipped the 9 files and chucked
> them on the LiveCD as an optional package.
>
> I'm surprised no one else sees this as *critical*,
> with the ASUS Eee PC for example, you need to jump
> through hoops to get the LiveCD running with wifi from
> a usb stick. Including these packages would make it
> very easy.
>
> Am I misunderstanding the problems involved in
> including these rpms?
>
> Cheers
>
> James
> --- Tim Wood <tim.wood at datawranglers.com> wrote:
>

>> I can try and draft a kickstart (even if it's not up
>> to me to include it
>> in livecd-tools proper).  Looking at what you've got
>> below, I can think
>> of two issues.  First, the minimal image on F8
>> doesn't allow login so
>> I'll have to work around that.  Second, the list
>> below is not the
>> complete list of needed packages for a LiveCD so
>> I'll have to work out
>> the packages to include.  James, if I do come up
>> with a kickstart, would
>> you be willing to test it.  Also, does anyone have
>> any other
>> thoughts/warnings before I start hacking?
>>
>> Tim
>>

>> James Gallagher wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Please can you include a minimal development
>>> envrionment on the LiveCD release, in F8 it's less
>>> than 20mb, the files required are
>>>

>>> binutils-2.17.50.0.18-1.i386.rpm
>>> gcc-4.1.2-33.i386.rpm
>>> glibc-devel-2.7-2.i386.rpm
>>> glibc-headers-2.7-2.i386.rpm
>>> kernel-devel-2.6.23.1-42.fc8.i686.rpm
>>> kernel-headers-2.6.23.1-42.fc8.i386.rpm
>>> libgomp-4.1.2-33.i386.rpm
>>> make-3.81-10.fc8.i386.rpm