Spilt libperl from perl

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Apr 24 17:52:30 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 24 April 2007 05:42:49 David Woodhouse wrote:
> So we'll get 64-bit /usr/bin/perl, and none of the 32-bit perl modules
> (which aren't even _shipped_ 64-bit on ppc) will work. Please don't just
> do that. Please apply the _correct_ fix, which is to split the package
> so that you can have both versions of libperl, but only the primary
> architecture version of the binaries.

And this was so much of an issue that you didn't start complaining about this
particular case until... a week ago when perl suddenly wasn't multilib again?
FC6 has had a multilib perl package since day one.  We have so many ppc users
that are effected by this that our bugzilla is overwhelmed with... how many
bugs?

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora