[SECURITY] Fedora 7 Update: clamav-0.90.3-1.fc7

Dmitry Butskoy buc at odusz.so-cdu.ru
Fri Jul 20 17:09:22 UTC 2007

Enrico Scholz wrote:
> The initsystem is minit (http://www.fefe.de/minit/); I created initscripts
> for daemons used by me (see http://ensc.de/fedora/minit-scripts.spec for a
> list).

Well,
Why not to add Clamav to your minit-scripts.spec as well? Why this way
of packaging (separate -sysv) should be seen for all Fedora people now?

Certainly it could be a hint for community to do similar sub-packages
for all the init scripts, but it seems that that way was not accepted...

> This would need a rebuild of the package. I do not see the problem with
> the current version: 'yum install ...' on default installations installs
> the -sysv initscripts

Sure!

But the problem is something like "reputation".

Recently we chose antivirus for some wide-enough network, comparing all
pro and contra. On of a little contra for Fedora's Clamav is that it is
"strange packaged", and actually it has moved a bowl of weights, and
some proprietary antivirus had been chosen. :( I think not because of
"sysv" subpackages exactly, but because of some "suspicions/fears"
inspired by it.

~buc