[Fedora-packaging] Draft: Init Scripts

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon Feb 26 20:04:50 UTC 2007

On Monday 26 February 2007, Jesse Keating wrote:

> I'd still prefer that these files aren't marked as %config.

+1

> Perhaps a new
> init system will allow for us to place these files somewhere other than
> /etc and really drive the point home that these files are not for
> configuration.

Just a FYI, LSB doesn't obviously necessarily apply to everything, but here's
some related pointers, they seem to be thinking about related things for
future LSB revisions.

http://refspecs.freestandards.org/LSB_3.1.0/LSB-Core-generic/LSB-Core-generic/etc.html
http://refspecs.freestandards.org/LSB_3.1.0/LSB-Core-generic/LSB-Core-generic/initsrcinstrm.html
http://refspecs.freestandards.org/LSB_3.1.0/LSB-Core-generic/LSB-Core-generic/lsbinstall.html

And BTW, for what it's worth, it's /etc/init.d, not /etc/rc.d/init.d in LSB -
so it might not hurt to treat /etc/init.d as the "canonical" path in Fedora
wherever it is hardcoded into even though there is the symlink between the
two.