Autogenerating rpm requirements from egg requirements

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Fri Jun 13 15:39:54 UTC 2008

I ran into a problem with TurboGears packaging in EPEL5 where
requirements in the requires.txt file in the egginfo subdirs were
getting bumped upstream but without corresponding bumps in the rpm
packaging, leading to yum failing to do all the upgrading I needed
(filed as bug 451228 and 451231 so far).

Has anyone tackled this problem?

I had a go at trying to autogenerate the RPM metadata, I've attached my
work-in-progress so far to bug 451228:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=309225

Thoughts?  Worth finishing and turning into something in a common
location for rpmbuild?

Dave