[Fedora-trans-ar] Modules To Translate

Muhammad Alkarouri malkarouri at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 16 13:46:03 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 13:11, Munzir Taha wrote:
[...]
> system-config-lvm is alreay taken by Turki (at) zahid. I should take that file
> until Turki gets his confirmation to avoid any confusion.

Will do.

> <quote>
> Just we need some one to file the bug in the best way. The issue is already
> solved in Debian (slang?). The efforts of Debain should be ported upstream
> and backported here in Fedora and to other distros. If there is a better
> solution (bicon?) than the one done by Debian, we need to make this clear to
> them with accurate reasoning.
>
> Karouri, (the maintainer of bicon), will you please tell us about the
> situation now and how we are going to proceed in addressing the issue to
> other distros?
> </quote>

I would say that bicon and the slang solutions are not competitors, as
they provide solutions to different problems. At least in its current
form, bicon will not totally replace s-lang support of unicode. However,
they will both benefit from coordination.

The plan is to get bicon and slang support packaged for FC4. S-lang will
get there easily if the work is pushed upstream, bicon needs a bit more
work. Interestingly, I can't find any 'upstream' for the newt package
which is used by anaconda and uses slang. Anybody aware of where that
is?

More on this later..

Regards,
Muhammad Alkarouri