Transliterate or not to transliterate (was Re: [Fedora-trans-ar] arabic-fedora.org logo)

Muhammad Alkarouri malkarouri at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 19 10:18:12 UTC 2004

 --- Mohammad Ghoniem <Mohammad.Ghoniem at univ-ubs.fr> wrote:
> Salâms,
>
> Munzir Taha wrote:
>
> >Please don't tell me about translations you saw in newspapers, books,
> >magazines, your friend notes, ... I am speaking about official products
> >translation.
> >

> Well, again, except for po files translation, which has to do with an
> official product belonging to redhat, I am not aware of any constraints,
> legal or whatsoever

This is the heart of the discussion. There are probably legal constraints, as
Fedora is a registered trademark. If there are no legal constraints it is
actually preferable to tansliterate.
How will we check? Your guess.

Regards,
Muhammad Alkarouri

=====
Foolish/funny remark of the week:
"Who cares about what Alan Cox has to say? He's soooo 2.4"
                                     .. as mentioned in /.