[Fedora-trans-ar] Not 100% again

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at newhorizons.com.sa
Sun Oct 3 22:27:58 UTC 2004

On Yaum al-Jumma 16 Sha`ban 1425 09:12 pm, maha helwa wrote:
> > 11 Fuzzy and 6 untranlsted due to some updates again : ))
> >
> > Sherif

It's yours then ;)

> I don't know what the cause of the problem you kept talking about since a
> while..

Do you mean why after reaching 100% translation, suddenly untranslated strings
emerge? These are new strings introduced by the developers every now and
then.

> but why don't anyone have a complete version of these files upload
> them on the CVS.. i took a local version on my machine before.. and i guess
> it's complete.. didn't check yet.. you don't have to translate each time..
> why don't you make safe backup..for such conditions!?

!!

> WEll, Munzir.. I didn't intend to complicate things..

I know

> my point is to focus
> on topics we are reviewing so we could fix our mistakes & unify our
> translation easily.. and not to work in such Ad Hoc way.. at least to avoid
> inconsistencies that might occurs..

Your argument is fully valid and logic as well as my asking for webcvs
interface but we've seen the result; the no result actually ;)

> I'll check the files and tell you before getting started which files am
> going to review...  and sure i'll send over here the strings i have
> comments on..

Great!

> BTW, how can i install Kabel-1.2 ..i've just download it..but the file ends
> with this extension.. tar.bz2.. what's the command i should use to extract
> the file?

You will find an INSTALL file there. Go read it for specific details but
generally, it woud be
./configure
make
make install (as root)

If you find an rpm file instead of .tar.bz2, it would be easier. The guys here
could provide a link to you.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club Member
Maintainer of the Open Arabic Bugs Project at
http://wiki.arabeyes.org/OpenBugs
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS, Linux+, LPI 101
New Horizons CLC, Riyadh, SA