Marketing stuff (e.g. flyers) translation

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 11:35:22 UTC 2009

Hi,

Thanks for your support - I have already begun the translation of Fedora 12
talking points for example, to get it ready around the release day for
release parties. I will do an empty sample template to get an combined
flyer, including some info with possibilities about what could do the new
contributor if he/she want to work with us.

Noriko, really good idea to have the team leaders accessibilities, or / and
the related ambassadors. Maybe our marketing team too.

I'm not an grfx art guy, but I will use grfx parts from our websites what we
already have but I say the press release kit at the marketing team page (
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_12_Talking_Points#For_desktop_users_and_everyone)
could be a very good part of my/our plans.

Thanks,

Zoltan

2009/11/2 Rui Gouveia <rui.gouveia at globaltek.pt>

> +1
>
> Rui Gouveia
> PT Team
>
> Em 01-11-2009 15:10, Zoltan Hoppar escreveu:
>
>  Hi,
>>
>> I am one of the translators, but I am working also as Ambassador - and I
>> have run into an small problem. For Ambassadors, we have some texts, flyers,
>> and other materials (e.g. educational presentations) what needs to be
>> translated. Currently we have an wiki, where most of these files are
>> uploaded, but for us - these materials mostly available in one language:
>> English.
>> I would like to change this, and I need help to make it to reality - also
>> I know this possible project needs some cooperation between several
>> teams....Maybe this is not the correct channel to begin this.
>>
>> I have thought through several times, and I say it can be a huge step
>> ahead for ambassadors to win new contributors, when I could give the
>> interested people some printed advertising in their language. Therefore I
>> have thought on some empty prepared document templates at in the ambassadors
>> wiki for each actual release, and an Transifex project category for these
>> texts - available for all translating teams. If it is possible, then I would
>> to like have these in such a format, that could be merged, edited to have at
>> the end an perfect multipliable DTP stuff easily.
>> Furthermore, I just hope, when this come truth - the ambassadors could
>> have these printings for shows sometime.... and we could win a lot of
>> contributors to every channel.
>>
>> I would like to hear your thoughts too,
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Zoltan Hoppar