[Fedora-xen] need advices on how to install domU with xenguest-install

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Mon Apr 10 22:30:35 UTC 2006

Denis Forveille wrote:
 > [...]
> This is what I'm doing:
> - on dom0, create one lvg per domU (/dev/vg/domU1,/dev/vg/domU2,etc..)
> - format the lvg with "mkfs -t ext3 /dev/vg/domU1"
> - run xenguest-install, answering  "/dev/vg/domU1" to the "What would
> you like to use as the disk (path)" question

The one time  I used the script, successfully, I gave a location in the
file system and the script generated a large file(which wasn't existing
before!) that was used as a block device itself, where it created lvm
volumes and partitions for files and swap.
I don't know if you can feed some options into the script to change that
behaviour and use an lvm volume instead of a location for a file, never
looked into it or tried to run it with --help.