[Fedora-xen] FC4 on a FC5 Xen System

Ian Kent ikent at redhat.com
Mon Jun 5 08:29:32 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 14:41 +0900, Eredicator X wrote:
> I am trying to install a FC4 domain on my Xen FC5 system that has several FC5 domains already running well.
>
> I get through the install questions and then am told that my url is invalid. I thought it was my tree so I made another ... then tested that with a FC4 install on a separate box and it works fine. I don't see any hints in the logs and if I switch to my FC5 tree the install takes off with out a problem.
>
> Can anyone point me to a tutorial or some reference for this.... I have googled around quite a bit and not found anything at this time......

I posted a similar question as well but with a slightly different view.

I bet you'll find that your build tree doesn't have an
images/xen/vmlinux or an images/xen/initrd.img (unless you've built
them). Then there's the problem that an FC4 tree doesn't (usually) have
a domU kernel either.

If they were there, such as with Rawhide, then it still fails to start
the install without any apparent clues in the log as far as I can see.
At least that's my experience.

Anyone willing to describe the process to build the boot kernel and init
ramdisk and a domU kernel for FC4?

Anyone know why the boot kernel and init ramdisk image in the Rawhide
tree doesn't seem to work from FC5?

Ian