[Fedora-xen] XEN Kernel Panic [update]

master at bradleyland.com master at bradleyland.com
Thu Feb 22 22:30:00 UTC 2007

Hi Claus --

Almost certainly (believe me, based on hard-won experience) your problem
is with the initrd.img defined in your VM config file:

ramdisk= "/boot/initrd-2.6.19-1.2911.fc6xen.img"

The root cause is probably the img file missing the xenblk.ko driver. Just
rebuild the initrd using the "--with" switch to include it.

If that doesn't work, you will need to look into the initrd image and
possibly modify the init script; it may be trying to mount a nonexistent
root device. But, my guess is xenblk.ko is missing. Search through the
mailing list here or on xensource.com and it has been discussed recently.

Good luck,

Dave