[Fedora-xen] Xen Guest Installation question

Lamont Peterson lamont at gurulabs.com
Sun May 6 18:17:39 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 02 May 2007 11:13pm, Wiwat Tharateeraparb wrote:
> What you are looking for is called "Installation Tree." And if you want
> to install xen guest locally you need to build your own installation
> tree.
> The good news is it is simple as:
>
> 1. mount cdrom
> 2. cp -var /mnt/cdrom/ /var/www/html/fc3/x86/      -> if you want to
> install via http
>     cp -var /mnt/cdrom/ /nfs_share/                      -> if you want
> to install via nfs

The -r in those cp commands is redundant, as the -a takes care of it.

I would recommend against using the -v with a cp command such as this, as it
will only slow down the copying while cp waits for your terminal to display
all the lines of output (and there will be a lot of files with these CDs).

The -v is also fairly useless IMHO in this kind of situation, as it will go by
too fast to be of much use, and since any error messages will be mixed in
with so much other output, it's more likely than not that you would miss it.
--
Lamont Peterson <lamont at gurulabs.com>
Senior Instructor

NOTE:  All messages from this email address should be digitally signed with my
       0xDC0DD409 GPG key. It is available on the pgp.mit.edu keyserver as
       well as other keyservers that sync with MIT's.