[feedhenry-dev] Mobile Control Panel Demo

David Martin davmarti at redhat.com
Sat Sep 16 12:02:52 UTC 2017

Hey Evan,

a few responses inline.

On 15 September 2017 at 20:06, Evan Shortiss <eshortis at redhat.com> wrote:

> Excellent demo - mad bonus points for the Rick reference!
>
> Some quick questions if you don't mind?
>
>    1. The UI popup about write access being denied. Is there some
>    underlying code like *sdk.service('fh-sync').userHasRole('sync_write')* that
>    we didn't see for this?
>
> Looks like guard rules are defined here
https://github.com/aidenkeating/cordova-sync-app/blob/master/src/config/viewGuardRules.ts

and those rules are checked on a few of the pages
https://github.com/aidenkeating/cordova-sync-app/blob/master/src/pages/account/account.ts#L68-L73
https://github.com/aidenkeating/cordova-sync-app/blob/master/src/pages/home/home.ts#L63-L68

https://github.com/aidenkeating/cordova-sync-app/blob/master/src/pages/record/record.ts#L45-L50

>    1. When you mentioned sync write the request is denied if the call is
>    made directly to the sync API. Does this mean the sync server receives the
>    request, checks for a token, then processes it? Or, is the request stopped
>    before it reaches the sync server? It appears to be the former, but just
>    clarifying.
>
> There are 2 places I've found here in fh-sync-server where it protects all
endpoints with middleware to check the role against the access token
and check permissions for processing of pending updates
https://github.com/feedhenry/fh-sync-server/blob/master/app.js#L111-L152

>    1. Do we provide a mobile-esque wrapper for the Keycloak SDK or just
>    recommend using the standard keycloak libs?
>
> Looks like there's a lightweight wrapper for the Cordova example.
https://github.com/aidenkeating/cordova-sync-app/blob/master/src/services/keycloak.service.ts

The server uses the keycloak-connect module.

--
David Martin
Red Hat Mobile