[Feedhenry-raincatcher] What is Raincatcher supposed to do?

Niall Donnelly ndonnell at redhat.com
Fri Feb 3 08:06:18 UTC 2017

Hi Martin

The intention of Raincatcher is to be a set of modules that can be
integrated into any application. The modules are intended to only encompass
business logic related to their domain. Any communication between the
modules (domains) should be done using the mediator pattern.

As an example: A fh-wfm-gps module only contains the business logic to
capture GPS locations (e.g. from a cordova plugin on-device or some other
way). This module subscribes to topics (e.g. "wfm:gps:capture") and also
publishes topics (e.g. "wfm:gps:location") that can be subscribed to by
other modules / applications.

The demo solution that we have developed is intended to combine these
modules to produce a Workforce Management solution, however the main
intention of the project is for the modules to be fully functional
standalone. This is a single, concrete example of how the modules can be
combined to produce something of value to a business.

We will provide clear documentation for each module on the topics that they
subscribe to and the topics that they publish, in addition to any
requirements for the module (e.g. Cordova plugins). A developer may then
wish to integrate the single module into their application that has no
Workforce management functionality at all.

Kind Regards
Niall Donnelly