[Freeipa-devel] Windows Interop/Samba Integration

Ahmed Kamal email.ahmedkamal at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 8 20:53:23 UTC 2008

Unfortunately Windows is a part of any reasonably sized network, even small
ones. Being as dumb as it is, it doesn't wanna talk to anything except their
own Active Directory.
Not sure whether this might be a viable options, but did anyone test pGina.
In short, it's like PAM for Windows, with many plugins to handle different
sources of authentication. If we couple that with some kind of on-server
user profiles automounting, we have some sort of domain for windows. I'm not
sure though, if Windows can recognize all domain users/groups, as the way I
understand pGina works, is by creating a local user after authenticating
them over the network. It's ugly, but I thought I would mention it too.
Of course the king would be samba4 ... waiting ....