[Freeipa-devel] Windows Interop/Samba Integration

Christian Horn chorn at fluxcoil.net
Fri Feb 8 21:59:35 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 10:53:23PM +0200, Ahmed Kamal wrote:
> Unfortunately Windows is a part of any reasonably sized network, even small
> ones. Being as dumb as it is, it doesn't wanna talk to anything except their
> own Active Directory.

I tested a setup with cross-realm communication between an AD-domain and
a MIT-kerberos realm, could be quite a solution for integration unix/windows
authentication/authorization.
At least when your company is heavy enough also microsoft seems to support
this setup, at least thats my impression from some kerberos mailinglists.

Christian