[Freeipa-users] Requesting contact with users running PassSync AD -> FreeIPA

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Nov 5 15:14:54 UTC 2013

On 11/05/2013 08:05 AM, EP wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm pushing to get password and user synchronization from AD to
> FreeIPA at the company I work for.
>
> Our windows administrators are very nervous about installing the
> PassSync service on their AD-controllers, and have asked me to provide
> a reference contact, meaning someone they could ask some questions
> about the service.

Just send the questions to freeipa-users.  I'm sure we would all be
curious to see what the questions are.  An existing user of PassSync
might not want to be pulled into an open ended Q&A session and
troubleshooting session, but would probably be willing to answer a few
public questions.

> I have asked Red Hat support about this, but they point me to their
> "upstream project".

Are you a Red Hat Customer?  If so, please contact me by direct email.
I would like to follow up with you privately about the extent of your
experience with support.

> So would anyone in here be willing to answer (by email) a few
> questions and concerns that our windows admins have regarding
> synchronization from AD?

Just send them to the freeipa-users list?