[Freeipa-users] Export User fields from IPA

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Thu Mar 20 21:37:46 UTC 2014

barrykfl at gmail.com wrote:
> No export all func, ..but .it can export one account per time ..so i use
> a while loop to do it with a txt file.
>

> Is there a function to export/create report of these fields from the
> IPA?  I’m not finding anything in the guide.  Thanks.____

It depends on how many users you have. We have search limits to prevent
enumeration.

There are a few options:

$ ipa user-find

This will return an unsorted list of all users, up the search limit. The
default limit on the command-line is 100. You can set that higher, up to
the 2000 limit in 389-ds. That can be changed with an ldapmodify.

Or you can use ldapsearch to pull the users:

$ ldapsearch -Y GSSAPI -b cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=com

This requires some knowledge of IPA to translate the LDAP attribute
names into something more understandable, but certainly doable.

rob