[Freeipa-users] unhappy replication?

thierry bordaz tbordaz at redhat.com
Wed Sep 17 16:22:22 UTC 2014

On 09/09/2014 04:39 PM, Kat wrote:
> Anyone seen this before -- 2 freshly kicked CentOS 7 installs:
>
> On the replica from the ipa-replica-install :
>
> reports: Update failed! Status: [10 Total update abortedLDAP error:
> Referral]
> Your system may be partly configured.
> Run /usr/sbin/ipa-server-install --uninstall to clean up.
>
> and then the errors file for 389-ds
>
> "The remote replica has a different database generation ID than the
> local database.  You may have to reinitialize the remote replica, or
> the local replica."
>
> ~K

Hello,

    Investigating a similar issue we suspected the logged RC to be
    invalid. Instead of Referral it could actually be CONN_TIMEOUT.

    If you are still  able to reproduce, would you verify the value of
    'nsds5ReplicaTimeout' on the replica Agreement on the master.
    If it is set to a "low" value like 120, there is a possible
    workaround by removing it (or set to a higher value). So it will
    wait for 10m (default) before ending with a failure.
    Then retry the full init.

    regards
    thierry