[Freeipa-users] Extending IPA to include multiple (say 5) fields for MAC addresses per user

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Wed Mar 11 20:15:41 UTC 2015

On 03/11/2015 03:43 PM, Steven Jones wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I have been asked to look at packetfence and linking it to IPA for
> authentication but I might need to allow users to login into their IPA
> info and add MAC addresses themselves, this is possible I think?
>

> Since ppl these days can have 3 mobile devices, (ipad, iphone and
> laptop) I would need multiple MAC fields so would have to extend IPA's
> schema? is this a good idea?

I would treat the devices as hosts rather than extend user schema.
But can you explain the use case and what you have in mind.
Based on the PF site they support different LDAP servers for
authentication so I am not sure any schema change would be needed.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal

Sr. Engineering Manager IdM portfolio