[Freeipa-users] Certificate operation cannot be completed: Unable to communicate with CMS (Not Found)

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Wed May 20 19:30:36 UTC 2015

Sina Owolabi wrote:
> Hi Rob
>
> This is the only CA master. The one I cloned it from was
> decommissioned,  reinstalled and then  made to be a replica of this server.
>
> Looks like I'm really stuck.  How do I export the data out so I can
> reinstall from scratch, if possible? There are a lot of rules and
> configuration data I'd really like to keep.

So in this case you have no master managing the renewal.

Take a look at
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Howto/Promote_CA_to_Renewal_and_CRL_Master#Procedure_in_FreeIPA_.3C_4.0
starting at the step "Reconfigure a CA as the new master"

Since at least one certificate has expired you'll need to go back in
time to get this working. Be sure to restart IPA after going back to
ensure that the CA is up.

You'll eventually want to do the CRL changes as well.

rob